What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SandyBridge in the Wild in Canada!

Grampa

Unbelievable :blarg:

That is severely disappointing for both retailers, and tech websites who rely on launches things like this; that a company would so blatantly disregard embargo agreements :sad:

It ultimately is going to wind up broadcasting a lot of unsubstantiated benchmarking and consumer level reviews that could potentially hurt this launch quite a bit.

Especially when those who aren't under under a gag order get their hands on it.

I tend to agree with this, and personally wont support any retailer who does this (for lack of a better term)... crap.

I'm glad I read the review prior to seeing this thread. If I had read this thread beforehand, I might have been even more perturbed.

However... glad to see everyone is enjoying their new purchases! :)

Ryoohki

Speaking of hot, I was expecting a large package from FedEx today, instead, this was waiting for me when I got home...

What did I find inside?

:shok::clap::clap::clap::rofl:

(The large box from FedEx is the case for my new PC, and is at their depot for me to pick up as I wasn't home at the time. For some reason, UPS was totally OK with leaving a $300+ motherboard with no signature however)

Very nice.. yeah UPS always does that.. They even leave a box at my friend house beside the door during a BIG Snowstorm, my friend had to dig it out after he found out 2 days later (with the tracking), it was RAM so it worked just fine..

Eldonko

Interesting, they must be starting to SKU stuff today. 1155 is now a category under MBs but nothing comes up when you click it.

Deviant

Interesting, they must be starting to SKU stuff today. 1155 is now a category under MBs but nothing comes up when you click it.

Nope. That section and the processor section has been there since mid-December.

NCIX needs to get their act together. Last night, call back wait time was 129 minutes, so callback isn't even enabled today so they could deal with tickets. But the pace of dealing with tickets is at a snails' pace. I received one reply per 24 hours and it took 4 days to resolve things (and that was before boxing day). People ordering GTX570s with the $10 GC and not getting the GC (shipped order and in-store pick up order). Just another glitch?

And then making up excuses with the pricing errors on boxing day (really...the entire year has no pricing errors due to manual input but the one sale of the year everyone's waiting for)...2TB Green drive, i5 bundle...truly disappointed.

"Does anyone who ordered a WD20EARS for $69.99 want to contact me. I'm trying to convince the good people at ncix to honour my order. I order at 69.99, checkout out, payed with interac online, payment went through but ncix had some issues and refunded me. Now they say that the wd20ears were never 69.99. If you had a receipt for your order or something to prove you bought at 69.99 that would be great."

Of course, the drive changed from $69.99->$79.99->$89.99 and then fluctuated often between the 3 prices and settled on $79.99.

Delavan

Nope. That section and the processor section has been there since mid-December.
True. But, NCIX is a big etailer. For them to start selling SB, they have to have a decent amount of everything SB-related...
It they stock let's say 10 of each...everything will be sold in a heartbeat and people will complaint.

On top of that, if they've been told to start selling on the 9th (I think I seen that somewhere), they'll go with that...

I don't blame impatient people in ref. with SB...exciting times! I'm waiting to income tax return money to buy...so I'm still a long way to go... at least a month and a half for me :shok:....

_dangtx_

Banned
dev, cant help you on the wd thingie, as they pssed me off with the price changes and couldnt get the 69 dollar as well.

you guys think the stores that sold sb in advance will be cut off or..rewarded? :)

ilya

True. But, NCIX is a big etailer. For them to start selling SB, they have to have a decent amount of everything SB-related...
It they stock let's say 10 of each...everything will be sold in a heartbeat and people will complaint.

On top of that, if they've been told to start selling on the 9th (I think I seen that somewhere), they'll go with that...

I don't blame impatient people in ref. with SB...exciting times! I'm waiting to income tax return money to buy...so I'm still a long way to go... at least a month and a half for me :shok:....

Intel wanted SB to have a good hard launch, so they've been shipping out parts since Q4 last year, NCIX likely has enough stock ready. Besides, nothing's stopped them from getting heavily backordered on paper launches in the past, their system isn't incredibly amazing. They're probably just waiting on the green light after CES.

Latest posts