What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sapphire HD 5830 1GB Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Presently, there is a substantial price and performance gap between ATI's HD 5850 and HD 5770 which was filled for a short time by the HD 4890. ATI has now decided to release a card that effectively bridges the space between these two cards with the aptly-named HD 5830 1GB. In this review we look at the Sapphire version of a card that could prove to be a new price / performance leader in the GPU market.

You can find the review here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...29239-sapphire-radeon-hd-5830-1gb-review.html

Please use this thread to post your questions and comments.

:clap:

jcmaz

Doesn't seem like a worthy upgrade to me from the 5770...

But good job Sky!!! Keep up the good work :clap::clap::clap:

MonsterSound

Remember when the 5850 launched in September it was supposed to retail for ~$270?
And all these months later the 5850 is still over $300.
Without competition from the green team (and with continued high demand) price points for the 5830 and 5850 are too high.
The 5830 is pegged to sell at around $260ish but I doubt they'll sell many so near the 5850 price.
So prices won't probably adjust very much until NV gets it's act together, imho.
Then it will get interesting again.

Still, Another Xlnt review, & ThnX

Last edited:

Kilauea

Very disappointed, glad I didn't sell my 4890. Nice review however, keep up the good work SKYMTL!!

Agreed... While the 4890 lacks DX11, its performance is way too close to the 5830 to justify a switch IMHO. I'm also sort of dissapointed, but I am not sure why I am. I mean, I couldn't have expected the 5830 to be too close to 5850.

Latest posts