What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sapphire HD 5830 1GB Review Comment Thread

belgolas

Well if this card was $30 cheaper it would be an excelent card but it is only a mediocre card right now. Oh well looks like my friend will be getting a 5850 instead as the min frame rate is much higher. Great review sky you must be getting exhausted from all these new cards comming out in such a short time!

Bond007

Kind of a disappointing launch. I would be a good card at maybe $40 over a 5770 ($210-220CDN), but I could never justify it at those prices. Seems like a common thought across all reviews of the 5830, so my guess is that sales will be a bit of a flop on the card and prices will come down. But who knows.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I need your opinion guys. The Comparative AA Performance charts: good addition or pointless?

MonsterSound

I need your opinion guys. The Comparative AA Performance charts: good addition or pointless?
I very much like the information that can be gleaned from the Comparative AA Performance charts.
My only comment is that I would find it easier to interpret the data if paired bars were used (2pairs: with and without AA x 3 resolutions) instead of a line. 2c
Definitely good information though. :thumb:

Nademon

Great review yet again!

As for the comparative AA, I think it's a fantastic addition and personally, I like the line graph you chose over bars. I think it more clearly demonstrates visually where the performance goes in relation to the other cards at each step of IQ change. It was easy for me to determine what was happening at each step once I knew which card each colour represented. It'll also be easier for you to add other cards in the graph as you see fit without taking up more space and still keep the information very easy to interpret.

Excellent work and I say keep the Comparative AA performance charts as is!!

slay3r

Very nice review!

Just a question;
Wondering why the GTX 295 is still on top of performance chart in the past 2 recents reviews?
Where is the 5970?

Last edited:

SKYMTL

Staff member
If I add the HD 5970, the charts would be totally blown because it causes every other card's bars to be clustered together with very little differentiation. You will see the HD 5970 come back into the picture when we test higher-end cards. Promise.

mattlef

is there any indication from Ati that they will launch at a lower then expected price? It seems that there is a common agreement that this product is massively overpriced. But then again, we might not see the "real" price on any Ati cards until the Fermi is available.

SKYMTL

Staff member
All I know is that Newegg should get them in stock today. When they are planning on listing them is another matter altogether.