What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SATA DVD/CDroms Finally!?!?!?

sswilson

Staff member
Just started seeing decent prices on Sata format CD/DVD drives locally (seem to run about $10 more than IDE ones).

It's about time we got rid of that IDE ribbon cable.

Anybody got one yet?

M

Misoprostol

I actually find it quite messy to run SATA up to my optical drives... I'd like to start seeing motherboards with 2-4 SATA ports on the top right corner.

Last edited:

r00tman

Just started seeing decent prices on Sata format CD/DVD drives locally (seem to run about $10 more than IDE ones).

It's about time we got rid of that IDE ribbon cable.

Anybody got one yet?

Werd. Those ribbon cables kill the air circulation.

I plan on getting 2 x Pioneer-SATA DVD-/+RW for my new build.

Babrbarossa

My ribbon cables are tapered into round cables at the connections, so they don't really hider flow much- I do think it will become mainstream, but I'd almost rather save the 15 bucks at this point because I'm allowed more cable management freedom with the wide connections as the routing is more favorable.

cdn_Madrach

My Sata cable for dvd is routed on the other side of case and comes out right beside the drive and plugs in. There is only about 2 inches of cable showing:biggrin:

Patriote

SATA optical drives ?! eh?

I didn't knew that! So where do you actually plug the sata cable ? in a sata port where you'd actually would plug a SATA HDD ? Thats kinda lame if you ask me.