What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Screen tear on duplicate TV

Frugalmeister

Hi guys,

I just got a new TV yesterday and I'm having a bit of a problem, in that if both my displays (monitor via DisplayPort and TV via HDMI) are connected in duplicate mode and turned on, the TV will have a screen tear regularly make its way down the screen while watching videos. If my monitor is off, no screen tear, so I take it that my video card is having trouble streaming to both displays at the same time.

My video card is an MSI R9 290X Gaming, my monitor is a Nixeus NX-VUE27D and my TV is a Sony KDL48W600B. I'm running Windows 8.1. System specs are attached to my profile if needed.

My monitor only supports DisplayPort and I don't have an adapter, so if I can sort this issue out on the software side of things that'd be great. Appreciate any advice you can lend. :)

Frugalmeister

ZZLEE

Do you have another Video card.

Try two cards one fore each display. fore testing.

Frugalmeister

I have an integrated video card which is currently disabled. I'm afraid I don't know how to run both cards simultaneously.

Frugalmeister

ZZLEE

Simple BIOS first screen (F3) Quick Launch / Video set up / Auto / Use IGPU

EDIT; I'm defragging / if you need I will take som pics and show you later.

Frugalmeister

I believe that that option would enable the integrated graphics card only, and not both cards simultaneously.

I have already tried using IGPU only but I can't plug in both displays into the motherboard as there is no DisplayPort for the monitor. No screen tear on TV via HDMI through motherboard with IGPU enabled, but the result is the same when going through the dedicated graphics card with monitor unplugged/switched off.

I thought you suggested I run both graphics cards simultaneously, monitor plugged into discreet and TV plugged into integrated? I don't know how to do this.

Frugalmeister

ZZLEE

Look into AMD driver.

Like nividia control panel. should have options there fore using displays.

I have not played to much at all with AMD product.

Frugalmeister

Yes, there is the AMD Catalyst Control Center, but it has way too many options and I'm a bit afraid to play around with them without guidance. When both displays are plugged into the dedicated graphics card, they both show up in the Catalyst software, but if I try to play around with the TV display options, it warns me that I can permanently damage the display. :/

Frugalmeister

ZZLEE

I Have not used AMD so I don't know.

Do you have the Intel driver fore the IGPU.
Running the IGPU is going heat your chip so watch temps.

I am using a 270x with similar set up as I am using. Hdmi gor my tv. Try the extended desktop and othats what I use with no problems.