What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

screws

clshades

so I'm attempting to put back together some video card stuff for a friend whos kid may or may not have flushed them down the toilet.

It appears as though the rear screws on the 7970 are all spring style but I don't know for sure because I didn't take it apart originally. The owner put on an xspc water block and then attempted to replace the air cooling with the water block screw set. While the card wasn't overheating it certainly wasn't running to it's potential. Several screws were missing... sigh.

Where to find the screws and springs for an HIS 7970 reference. The pressure plate wasn't on there so I'm assuming it may be missing as well.

It breaks my heart to see someone do such a shitty job of putting a card back together. Hoping I can salvage this thing and I already sent a request to HIS to see if they can help at all.

Any input or opinions welcome...

Shadowarez

Well you could try Frozencpu iv recently had to make a order for screws for my push/pull H320. Tell Em what ya need they have a huge selection of screws.

clshades

I'll check it out man thanks. I still need to find the pressure plate that goes behind the gpu on the back of the card

ZZLEE

Might want to throw up a WTB here and Kijij, Used ( your city ) fore dead card to salvage from.

Latest posts

Twitter