What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Seagate 1 TB drives comitting suicide?

3 of 7

Sorry, all I see is another complaint fest about Seagate since people are still stinging from the warranty reduction. Noone seemed to care much about the Nvidia exploding laptop GPU problem that was much more severe. Seems like when a popular bandwagon comes along, alot of you guys jump right on it. I have 2 1TB and a 500GB Seagate (without this defect) and I will continue to happily use them for all my storage needs. I replace all my important drives ever 2 years anyways and I keep hard backups on all my important data because NO HARDDRIVE ON THE PLANET MADE BY ANYONE should be solely trusted for data that you cannot afford to lose. I have lost drives from all manufacturers for no logical reason. Seagate does acknowledge an issue atleast and is working on a fix. If you all hate your drives so much then sell the damn things and stop whining about it already.
So, I take it you're in the market for a couple of them?
BTW don't kid yourself, I'm pissed about my laptop GPU.... But at least I know about it thanks to forums like these and I treat it accordingly.

3 of 7

Read the article and download the tool.
The tool that tells you your serial number and drive model?
What's that tell you other than your drive is on the list or it isn't, am I missing something here?
Did you contact Seagate for a firmware update?

enaberif

The tool that tells you your serial number and drive model?
What's that tell you other than your drive is on the list or it isn't, am I missing something here?
Did you contact Seagate for a firmware update?

Yes the tool tells you your on the list.

No I didn't bother contact Seagate. This drive cost me $60 and if it does fail I'll just buy another.

3 of 7

Yes the tool tells you your on the list.

No I didn't bother contact Seagate. This drive cost me $60 and if it does fail I'll just buy another.
So, in other words, you don't have a clue if your drive is going to fail tomorrow and don't care.
There are people here who have multiples of these drives and are looking to resolve what may become a problem for them.

Your not helping.

enaberif

So, in other words, you don't have a clue if your drive is going to fail tomorrow and don't care.
There are people here who have multiples of these drives and are looking to resolve what may become a problem for them.

Your not helping.

My point was that this whole 1tb drive failing thing has been blown out of proportion and that all the drives out there aren't prone to failure. That some are and others aren't and a lot of people on the internet are blowing this way beyond what it needs be.

Latest posts