What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Seagate Backup Plus 1TB or WD Elements 1TB with pouch?

sakage.shinga

Hi guys,

I need your help with making a decision. On boxing day, I'll be able to grab either the Seagate Backup Plus 1TB or the WD Elements 1TB with carrying pouch, both for $70 + tax. Which one should I get? Reliability & portability are key.

Thanks!!!

altereDad

You seem happy with WD based on your content. I have an older gen WD passport and would probably drop it for a HD + enclosure.
Honestly, if you're looking for alternative back-up options and intend on using some 3rd party software WD does not come with any software. Seagate comes with its own (for d/l too). Seagate intends on being USB, Firewire, and Thunderbolt capable (with the right adapters). I don't see that on the WD. Beyond hat, they're both decent drives.

Generic User #2

really don't see the necessity of anything beyond USB3 for an external drive. sure, it's 'nice', bit is it really helpful? not honestly.

Delavan

I'm a WD fan. I never had issues with WD, although nothing is perfect. That was my HDD go-to brand.

That being said, I own a 1TB Seagate free agent External HDD (the deal was too good to pass up), and it works fine.

sakage.shinga

Well I ended up getting the Seagate backup plus. Must say, it's way smaller & more importantly, lighter, than I had expected. This is a plus in my books since it fits nicely into the front sleeve of my tablet soft case. For $70, I can't complain...not that I've found anything to complain about to begin with.

Oh, and Happy New Year to all!