What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Seagate Confirms They're Shipping 20TB HAMR HDD

Izerous

Folding Team
I re-read the IOPS section i think you got part of that wrong a standard drive as it increases capacity its IOPS continues to drop. To combat this by splitting the drive in two it gives it a bump in IOPS to counter the penalties the increased capacity have been causing over the years.

This really at a high level is two 10TB drives sharing 1 housing and 1 sata port/power connection.

Edit: thinking about this further this is also where HDDs can potentially gain so real efficiencies. They are at 2 now but why stop there a 4 platter drive could potentially have 4 motors and 4 individual actuators to greatly increase speed without the price tag of a 10TB-20TB SSD.

gingerbee

OMG pls make it so Mr.friendly lol I have so many 4TB drives I really want to start moving up to much bigger drivers for all my data hogging I love to do

gingerbee

Ya I have been watching BB for drives on sale and I am pretty sure I will be shucking them so I can get cheaper drive cause I am not a rich man so gotta make it work. thanks lowfat

Alpine

I've buy 3 10tb external hdd that i've shuck. It is much cheaper to buy them like. I'll to the same for my future needs. Few weeks ago, amazon and bb has the 10tb external drive for 199$

Latest posts