What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Seagate Launches New SSD's

JD

Staff member
Yeah I want to see what the pricing is on the 4TB models, I think it'll be the first >2TB SSD for the consumer market.

The FireCuda will be interesting too as a competitor to the Samsung 970. Glad they are doing 2TB as well here as nobody else does but Samsung currently. Not so happy about the blue PCB though.

ipaine

Yeah I want to see what the pricing is on the 4TB models, I think it'll be the first >2TB SSD for the consumer market.

The FireCuda will be interesting too as a competitor to the Samsung 970. Glad they are doing 2TB as well here as nobody else does but Samsung currently. Not so happy about the blue PCB though.
While not a fan myself, cost was huge, Samsung has had a 4tb 2.5" ssd out since at least the 850 evo line. We bought one for someone at work and it was like $2500 cdn at the time. Oh looks like the 860 evo 4tb is still available for only $1300 on amazon.ca.

And yea that FireCuda has the specs to compete with Samsung and WD, but like you said blue pcb is a bad choice.

JD

Staff member
Oh looks like the 860 evo 4tb is still available for only $1300 on amazon.ca.
Huh, must of missed that, probably because I don't look too closely at Samsung news :blarg:

Pricing doesn't really make sense though since a 1TB SATA SSD can be had for $150-200. Guess it follows their 1TB 860 EVO price roughly though, $310x4.

Hopefully Seagate's 4TB will be under $800.

ipaine

Huh, must of missed that, probably because I don't look too closely at Samsung news :blarg:

Pricing doesn't really make sense though since a 1TB SATA SSD can be had for $150-200. Guess it follows their 1TB 860 EVO price roughly though, $310x4.

Hopefully Seagate's 4TB will be under $800.
Yea pricing for anything about 1tb still hasn't really started to drop. I'm predicting that we will see that this year and having another 4tb ssd on the market will help.

Latest posts

Twitter