What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Seahawk 1070

Jokester

I was doing so looking for 1070s for a coworker and noticed that the MSI seahawk comes with a custom ek waterblock. Have they partnered with ek before or is this a first? Pretty interesting to see of this becomes a common practice!

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX 12 GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X 8GB 256-Bit DDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ATX Video Cards - Newegg.ca

turtletrax

Banned
I think they have done it before. I almost grabbed a 1080 from memex, but it went out of stock. I like the fact you are not having to store the air cooler around in case of warranty issue and then having to switch coolers. I do however wish the prices reflected the fact you never got an air cooler in the first place. Seems you get charged for the block full price on top of what an air-cooled card is worth.

I am pretty lost this generation on what to do to be honest. I want a high end card watercooled but with the lack of competition in the high end, the shenanigans and pricing make it damn hard to decide. :angry2:

Edit: looks like this is the first gen for the partnership. I know ek did a partnership with a manufacturer before, I just can't remember with who..

Jokester

Its not really full price for a block and back plate tbh. MSI GTX 1070 air cooler 629.99, EK 1070 waterblock and backplate = 160.00/ so $790 and that doesn't include shipping for two costs instead of one. and the MSI seahawk is 719.00

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Ordered the 1080 Sea Hawk EK X on friday :)
Be aware their is another Sea Hawk with and AIO cooler similar to the fury X. The Sea Hawk EK X has the EK block.

Latest posts

Twitter