What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Second processor not detected

bissa

Okay then... let me correct myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor
In other words, only suckers like me with 4 sockets have to deal with Windows server OS' to be useful.

:rofl:
sorry for the necro.

if you were to run a linux OS then could you run 2 copies of Vmware with 7 ultimate X64, 2 physical CPUs or 16 cores, and half the resources on each? would this work?
if not I guess you would have a pretty good server machine or one hell of a folder if you have some GPUs also.

Zero82z

Banned
if you were to run a linux OS then could you run 2 copies of Vmware with 7 ultimate X64, 2 physical CPUs or 16 cores, and half the resources on each? would this work?
You could do that, but if you want to use Windows as a primary OS then it wouldn't be especially usable from within a VM, even with hardware virtualization.

DaleF

There are also bare-metal hypervisors such as VMWare ESX/ESXi that you can run on a machine like that and then run a few OSs on top.

Twitter