What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Secondary USB Display not working with ASUS Video card

Brad P

Hello all...newbie here.

I am hoping someone can offer a suggestion.

I have a Samsung digital photo frame that serves as a secondary display via USB, aka a mini-monitor. It worked fine with my old ATI 3650HD card. Recently I built a new PC with a ASUS EAH4550 card but can not get the mini-monitor to work. If I go to my display properties, I get the following screens shown in my second post. I also don't know why the mini-monitor is coming up as a default display.

CCC doesn't register the mini-monitor at all. I have updated my graphic card drivers, and used the latest Frame Manager software plus other versions. I can not get this figured out.

If I reboot, the Asus drivers become disabled and my display reverts back to 640x480. Its then I can actually get the mini-monitor to work...when the Asus drivers are not working. If I reinstall the drivers, I go back to square 1 where the mini-monitor will not work.

Can anyone offer any suggestions here? I know its a Samsung problem more than likely but support for the mini-monitor feature doesn't really exist. I called Samsung and they just blame the video card/software.

I have an Intel Core 2 Quad processor, an ASUS P5Q Pro board, Windows XP Pro. The video card drivers are ver 8.600.

Thanks

Latest posts

Twitter