What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

see wireless network but not connect

CTA

i used my mom's computer at my old home...

yesterday i moved to surrey... anyway i have to call my isp to add new voip and internet on my suite...

so last night, i opened my laptop and i was curious to check the wireless network... i found one unsecured wireless network with 4/5 strength and other is unsecured wireless network 2/5 strength...

i clicked 4/5 one and still waiting... then nothing happened... (not complete connect)

same for other wireless security?

so why did it happen?

i try to disable my zonealarm and nothing happens... is it something do with my wireless setup?

Prof. Dr. Silver

That's a little angel on your shoulder blocking the access to someone elses Wi-Fi. It's a new security feature on many new routers... :)

grinder

i would bet the people who setup the "unsecured networks" limited the number of addresses their DHCP server assigns. You are probably associated with the Access Point (AP) but you are not getting an IP address for that network.

Nodscene

Also, you can enable MAC filtering on a wireless route and it will still show up as unsecure. Another reason why you may not be connecting.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
You may also be connecting to wireless repeaters that won't work as access points.

Latest posts

Twitter