What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

serious bug found in WIndows that's been undetected for 20 years!

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
...partially patched.

While I appreciate your ability to read your own cut/paste link you've posted, and your flair for drama...of using...dots...

We independently verified Ormandy's proof-of-concept, and it's precisely what it says on the tin: follow the directions and you get an nt authority\system privileged command prompt a few seconds later. We also independently verified that applying KB4512508 closed the vulnerability. After applying the August security updates, the exploit no longer works.

So although it might be 'partial' patch, a little research would show that the proof of concept exploit hole has been closed.

Of course...this could leave a window for other...exploits...to be found...However...I'm not going to go down a rabbit hole of ...'what ifs'...Although I do like using dots...

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
It will be interesting to see what else comes out of this. There have been a slew higher profile security vulnerabilities found lately even some in steam (which said they don't care given the situation). Even if they did fully patch it i'd image there will be a large slew of people looking into things like this to try an expose other issues.

E

Enduser

Why it’s called Windows

for one closes and other one opens.........

OS It’s a tool to monitor

Latest posts