What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Shareware/Freeware gems

BrainEater

Allow me to interject !

Here's a freeware gem.

BackTrack Linux - Penetration Testing Distribution

Anything that can make me actually wanna learn linux...2 points right there , haha.I hafta say it's really,really cool !

I'm planning to make my laptop run backtrack5 on usb stick.I'm looking into 'volatile ssd's'....

Power off= clean slate.

:thumb:

ipaine

I had Backtrack on a partition on my laptop, actually still do. Very neat and really cool. But that said I just have not found the time to really get to learn it.

On2wheels

I have the old version of the Weather Network's "Weather Eye" app, the small one with less intrusive advertising, great for smaller screens. It's a small .exe file, is there a site I can upload it to for those who want it again? The weathernetwork site forces you to install the newer version with a big ad on the side.

trying to upload here by attachement:

Attachments

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
IMO Yatse is by far the best Kodi remote. Honestly it is my favourite Android app.

If I get a phone call my show/movie automatically pauses. If I get an SMS or Facebook Messenger alert it scrolls at the top of the screen. I can stream from Kodi to my phone, or to a Chromecast. Bunch of other neat features.

sswilson

Staff member
IMO Yatse is by far the best Kodi remote. Honestly it is my favourite Android app.

If I get a phone call my show/movie automatically pauses. If I get an SMS or Facebook Messenger alert it scrolls at the top of the screen. I can stream from Kodi to my phone, or to a Chromecast. Bunch of other neat features.
Have you tried the new kodi remote? Looks like it's a new redesign as of last fall. Not sure of the functionality you described but I know there is a text feature. I thought it was something to do with manually sending a text message to the target screen, but what you describe makes a lot more sense. :)

That said.... I don't believe it has a streaming service, but I'm pretty sure the HTTP remote does.

Latest posts

Twitter