What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Shaw Internet Bandwidth Cap Increases

headsh0t

New badwidth caps (higher) have been release for Shaw Internet users!

Residential Accounts
Lite-Speed 12.5GB
High Speed 75GB
Extreme 125GB
Warp 250GB
Nitro 500GB

Business Accounts
High Speed 70GB
Extreme 110GB
Server Connect 200GB

G

I am on High speed, have been for years and not once have I had a problem with going over the cap size.

I DL between 150-400 gb a month.

JohnHenery

I am on High speed, have been for years and not once have I had a problem with going over the cap size.

I DL between 150-400 gb a month.

You are on an old plan then like me but I am with Bell I have no caps like the newer plans have. I wish they would do away with the caps.

supaflyx3

Shaw doesn't enforce their caps :\
I pull around 400-500GB a month for a couple years now and haven't had any complaints.

Iceman

Same with MTS. I usually DL around 400GB a month and never hear anything.

On a side note, I know someone who is in Australia for a year and they're looking at the broadband internet plans. How does $59.99 for 50GB a month (download & upload) sound? And once you hit the cap, they reduce your speed to 64kbps. And the sad thing is, that's one of the better plans (DSL). And don't even think about cable; $69.99 for 12GB a month. They do have a slightly better plan though... if you're willing to sign a 24 month contract. Seriously, it's highway robbery down under.

JohnHenery

Same with MTS. I usually DL around 400GB a month and never hear anything.

On a side note, I know someone who is in Australia for a year and they're looking at the broadband internet plans. How does $59.99 for 50GB a month (download & upload) sound? And once you hit the cap, they reduce your speed to 64kbps. And the sad thing is, that's one of the better plans (DSL). And don't even think about cable; $69.99 for 12GB a month. They do have a slightly better plan though... if you're willing to sign a 24 month contract. Seriously, it's highway robbery down under.

I guess I can be a little less mad about pricing here in Ontario 12gb at $70/month that is a shame.

MichaelG72

OP thank for the post. I am a new user of TEKSAVVY and very, very happy with them.