What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Shaw to test 1 Gbps networks [CBC]

Thund3rball

Shaw has given me another FREE month of hi-speed extreme. Maybe they will be just as nice with the Gbps stuff? :whistle:

undeclared

bah, that's what I get for being in Quebec... rip off prices and no way to get the Shaw setup even if I wanted to

POKE-JJ

Sure the speeds will be nice but what.. are we STILL going to be entailed to a shitty cap of our bandwidth? I mean those speeds are great and all but if we can only grab 80gb a month its a waste.

That's what I was thinking. Regardless though, I am excited about this :biggrin:

Chromey

Its good that more companies are getting into the broadband market.... But it would be nice if it wasent a Low end, Backwords run company like Shaw.

If you people could see the hard equipment shaw uses You would piss your pants laughing.

Shaw goes shopping in the big companies garbages.

miggs78

Sure the speeds will be nice but what.. are we STILL going to be entailed to a shitty cap of our bandwidth? I mean those speeds are great and all but if we can only grab 80gb a month its a waste.

True, but we're still lucky out of the other companies out there that get more bandwidth.. compare rogers their 10mb download speed package only gives 60gb, that's lame..

Although one place I think Shaw should improve is upload speed, High Speed 1mbps and extreme is the same, c'mon man.. we deserve more.

Nope, that's Rogers' territory.

Hold on, isn't quebec videotron and bell territory.. :whistle:

headsh0t

You can't get Rogers in Quebec? I dunno man I just know that Shaw cant break into the east and Rogers cant break into the west. And Shaw highspeed is 512mbps upload and xtreme is 1mbps. What do you need higher upload speeds for? Getting that torrent ratio up or what

Chromey

Let me See, 3 years with Starchoice, 10 Years with Rogers.

Ive had to Fix Shaw System WHen they **** up so Bad intire buildings cancel with them.

Access to thier Plant... Thier plant is 3 storage buildings with 3/4 ply tables for the techs to fix thier broken shit.

Latest posts