What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Shayan's New To Folding Thread

shayan288

When I open one of the vmwares, it works fine, when I open up the second one, it says Failed to download the client from Stanford's website: balh blah blah
Please double check you gateway and DNS info
blah blah blah

What should I do, the guide didnt mention anything about this :S

Zero82z

Banned
I've had that happen before, and I wasn't able to find a real solution other than uninstalling and reinstalling VMWare. You could give that a shot if you're so inclined, or you could just keep going with a single VM for now.

shayan288

Yeha I just had to restart vmware and it works but now im getting cpu usage at 100 sometimes but most of times 50% and the the icon for the CPU on FAHMON is yellow and it still shows 2600 PPD, this is weird...

shayan288

ohhhh i see what the problem is! One of the vmwares has an ip that ends with .1.67 and the other ends with .1.66. How do I type that in to FAHMON's locations section?

Zero82z

Banned
Yeha I just had to restart vmware and it works but now im getting cpu usage at 100 sometimes but most of times 50% and the the icon for the CPU on FAHMON is yellow and it still shows 2600 PPD, this is weird...
Go into Task Manager and look at the Processes tab. There will be two processes called vmware-vmx.exe. Right-click on the first one, pick Set Affinity, and deselect cores 2 and 3. Then do the same thing with the other vmware.vmx process except deselect cores 0 and 1 instead. See if that helps.
ohhhh i see what the problem is! One of the vmwares has an ip that ends with .1.67 and the other ends with .1.66. How do I type that in to FAHMON's locations section?
You need to add one entry in FahMon for each VM. You already have it set up for one of the VMs, so for the second one, just make a new entry and use the IP address for the other VM instead.

shayan288

Yeah I did all of those and liek one of the vm's works and the other doesnt, its weird. BTW the gpu oen "finished" and it was at 100% then I kept on reloading the thing and it eventually went to 1% but its yellow and not green and doesnt show a ppd thing.

Zero82z

Banned
It takes a few frames before FahMon can calculate PPD. I believe that it will show yellow until that happens. Don't sweat it and just wait for a bit. As for the VMs, I'm not really sure. Post up some screenshots of your FahMon configuration and of your VM displays and I'll see if I notice anything wrong.

Latest posts

Twitter