What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Shayan's New To Folding Thread

shayan288

Hey folks,

These days, Iv been browsing around HWC's Folding section and I think I'm ready to give folding a shot, now that the weather is cooler, and I am done finishing up my system.

I absolutely have NO idea on how to fold, which is why I am doing this thread.
Also, I will be folding the the rig in my sig, and it isnt quite the powerful rig so could someone tell me how many PPd I could get with it, and if it would really make any significant difference whether I fold or not, to the team.

Thanks in advance.

s288:thumb:

crazyhorsejohnny

Hey folks,

These days, Iv been browsing around HWC's Folding section and I think I'm ready to give folding a shot, now that the weather is cooler, and I am done finishing up my system.

I absolutely have NO idea on how to fold, which is why I am doing this thread.
Also, I will be folding the the rig in my sig, and it isnt quite the powerful rig so could someone tell me how many PPd I could get with it, and if it would really make any significant difference whether I fold or not, to the team.

Thanks in advance.

s288:thumb:

Bud you have a very good cpu and a good folding gpu. You'll do good for sure.

Gellidius

i think you should be able to get over 6000 PPD with your graphics card; i have a GTX 280 OC,and it does an avg of around 6500-7000 PPD.

others will be able to answer the rest much better than me.

Arinoth

Staff member
You'll probably get around 5000-6000PPD for your GPU alone (i have mine with slightly higher shaders clocked at 1525MHz and i get 6000-8000PPD depending on the work unit)

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie

shayan288

woah cool, 6000 PPD sounds good. I would like to fold with my gpu and cpu if that is possible? lol... Il download that, 3.0 Thanks for your responds, guys.

BT!

use this guide to get your 9550 folding 2 instances of vmware, you'll probably see 4000ish ppd give or take a few hundred. :)

BT!

fahmon is a monitoring program to see your PC's ppd on everything your running.

Latest posts