What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Shipping time from China during COVID

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Keep in mind that Chinapost and many other shipping companies you're relying on airline flights having cargo space for parcels. There's limited flights from China into Canada, so shipping times are much longer unless you pay to get faster service.

Arinoth

Staff member
The odd thing is I've seen packages from Japan take a few weeks whereas from South Korea you're looking at a good month or two during this pandemic. It used to be a week from Japan and a couple from South Korea.

JD

Staff member
Ordered a phone battery from AliExpress on July 15, arrived today. Not sure what the shipping method was, it was in Chinese: 卖家自定义-中国 and did cost $8.79. Came by Canada Post though but seems it came by air as it landed in Toronto.

I have another item ordered the same day though, using AliExpress shipping, and it's yet to arrive. It landed in Vancouver on July 22 though, so I guess it just has to find it's way to Toronto now.

My Canada Post guy said they're crazy busy though (as if we didn't know that), since I saw him today while BBQ'ing lunch.

moocow

Well I placed the order and I hope it gets here before Christmas. My friend also noticed Aliepxress is close to 90 days now for delivery. I knew there was some kind of shipping problem or sorting problem with Canada Post due to the high volume of packages from China before COVID.