What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress Shoe and Shoelace XTIA Proto + MORA3

lastsplash

Shoe and Shoelace; one is meaningless without the other.

Would like to hear your opinions on the exaggerated cables meant to mimic a stock look but with some panache. And your thoughts on anything else for that matter. The power supply for the MORA is still in the mail and I still need to flush the rad but otherwise it's ready for the leak test.

The PSU and pump will both work hard but should be fine. (famous last words) The goal here is to be as quiet as possible without sacrificing too much performance.

Shoe:
MO-RA3
Heatkiller 150 Res
D5 Next pump/controller
EK fittings and tubing.
Alphacool QDC
Noctua 200mm x 4
70W molex power brick

Shoelace:
XTIA Proto-L
Asus X670e-i
AMD 7950X
Zotac Trinity 3090
4TB WD SN850X M.2
1TB 980 Pro M.2
64GB Corsair DDR5 5200
EK Supremacy CPU Block
EK QV GPU Block
EK fittings and tubing
Alphacool QDC
700W Seasonic Fanless PSU

Shoelace is fanless except for two small fans on the motherboard, unfortunately. Hopefully they won't be too loud but small fans be loud so we'll see where the temperatures are with the open air case. Maybe they can be disabled if the VRM and chipset don't get too hot. That's really wishful thinking.

I plan to swap the line from the rad to the res with hard metal tubing in the near future.

I can't decide between distilled water with biocide or a clear coolant. Any recommendations?

blacksheep2.jpg

ZZLEE

I am running distilled water and a silver object in the res and its been rock solid fore years. The silver object acts as a biocide. You may need an additive to help with galvinetick corrosion.

Jokester

Nice build. I would not recommend the above suggestion of silver.... with plated blocks...

Anyhow the most recommended clear coolant for long-term life would be Koolance
Daz usually has it, but currently out of stock.

DP Ultra is another good one. and I've used Mayhems numerous times without issue. I have one build using Corsair XL5 clear doing fine two years in, but I can't say for certain how the new XL8 is. probably fine but its made by a company in Taiwan rather than Mayhem as the OEM

Latest posts