What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

should I put my few collection of games on my 250GB SSD or on my 500GB HDD?

WhiteOutFox

Im going to buy a 250gb 860 evo because other SSDs like the KC600 and the WD Blue(3D) are almost the same price. I was wondering if I should put my games into the SSD since they are only a few.
My currently installed games are Minecraft, Valorant, and GTA V and the games im planning to download/buy are Fall Guys and LoL(not yet final).
Do you think it is best to put my games in the HDD? I need some advice.

Bond007

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do. Make sure windows is on ssd as a priority. Games on an ssd does speeds things Up for loading etc. I would really recommend saving a bit more money for a 480-500gb version, since you get much for gb/$.

gingerbee

they do load quite a bit quicker in some games some older games may load the same speed as if on a hdd it all depends on the game, I keep all my game libraries on the sam NVME SSD

FreeKnight

Games that you're not really playing or that have small, easily loaded assets should be on your HDD if space is a concern. A good example would be older games, or really simple games that don't have to load a lot of complicated assets (Something like Trails in the Sky, Half-life, Assassin's Creed I/II, etc).

Games with large assets like Minecraft may benefit from being on an SSD, but I don't know how much Minecraft tries to load at once and the individual assets are small files (textures for example) so if you're not using HD texture packs it might not make a difference.

More modern and visually complex games like GTA V, AC Odyssey, Call of Duty - Black Brosquad X (or whatever the current one is), Witcher 3, etc. should absolutely be on your SSD. That's where you'll notice the biggest reduction in loading times. Windows should be on an SSD as well.

Latest posts