What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Should I upgrade to Haswell?

Overclocking.ca

I'm currently running a 2600K with an ROG Maximus Extreme-Z motherboard. I'm debating on if I should make the jump to Haswell. Budget will be an extra $200 above what I get for the cpu and mother if I decide to upgrade.

I'll mainly be playing Diablo III, WoW and BF4 and doing some ocing.

Thoughts?

JD

Staff member
I would personally say no. Especially if you have your 2600k overclocked.

Arinoth

Staff member
I wouldn't say it is worth it as none of those are going to be improved by a newer cpu running a dedicate graphics card

KaptCrunch

only that it uses less power to do current chore and burn a hole in pocket book, go for it if have money to burn

kishagi

Dont. try challenging your self by using what you have got till it either breaks or can no longer do what you want it to. Its like being a socket 775 user like me!! It does everything I want it to, I just want a better processor

Overclocking.ca

Thanks guys.

After reading your responses and thinking long and hard I don't think I'm going to upgrade. I think I will either wait till Broadwell comes out or skip the whole 1150 socket and wait for Skylake to be released in 2015.

rjbarker

In many cases new shouldn't be used with the word "upgrade", there maybe no upgrade at all really, a side grade or in some cases a down grade. It's all relevant to what features your looking for.