What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Shows to watch?

Mr. Friendly

okay...so this is the 'what to watch' thread, not the 'what not to watch' thread...so enuff about TBBT and it's unwatchability, LoL, onto good shows and movies! :)

CMetaphor

Quadfather
@Mr. Friendly haven't even gotten into movies right now. And tbh while I'm glad many are sharing good show ideas here, I wasn't expecting it. I was originally really only asking for myself.

Which begs the question: should we make a more generalized "HWC recommended viewing" thread? Let everyone contribute to an ongoing thread? Sadly there's no way to really give specific suggestions weight, since there can't be a vote for each show/movie in a single thread. But it might still be a fun thread for all to share?

Shadowmeph

one thing I have noticed over many years is the US TV shows are allot different the UK show which to me seem more realistic kind of like the original Grim children story's and the Disney version of the storys the US always the heroes and lots of flashy things but in the real world it isnt like that and the Dam music always in the back ground the UK is slowly getting this way also. the other thing I dont care fr is how the US copies shows from otehr parts of the World especially from the UK like Being Human Ilike the UK version allot better then the US version anyway I didnt mean for this to turn into a rant I cant believe I have been binge watching falling skys already have way through season 4.
I also liked Cursed it is about the lady of the lake ( king Arthur) and how she became her

Mr. Friendly

@Mr. Friendly haven't even gotten into movies right now. And tbh while I'm glad many are sharing good show ideas here, I wasn't expecting it. I was originally really only asking for myself.

Which begs the question: should we make a more generalized "HWC recommended viewing" thread? Let everyone contribute to an ongoing thread? Sadly there's no way to really give specific suggestions weight, since there can't be a vote for each show/movie in a single thread. But it might still be a fun thread for all to share?
we sorta have one already...it's called 'what are you watching?'... ;)

Arinoth

Staff member
This talk about TBBT (negative that is) has got me feeling like I want to rewatch the show Chuck. Some people may not like it but I think they probably did a better job early on about the 'nerd' culture then TBBT did after their first few seasons. YMMV though.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
This talk about TBBT (negative that is) has got me feeling like I want to rewatch the show Chuck. Some people may not like it but I think they probably did a better job early on about the 'nerd' culture then TBBT did after their first few seasons. YMMV though.

I've never actually seen that one either. Not sure why, but I think it was something about the impossible good/screw up getting away with everything plus an overly sexualized character or two? I don't know, but maybe it's worth looking into?

Shadowmeph

I got a laugh from Chuck but I think that what made me want to watch it was Yvonne Strahovski as for TBBT I couldnt get past the first 3 minutes of the 1st ep I have know idea how that
show made it

Shadowmeph

Like i said, I don't watch shows with overly sexualized characters. It's lazy writing. That's why STV was a failure.
but it was her that got me into the story after a while it was the story and she was the back ground. most shows , youtube channels out there especially now need something to catch people

Mr. Friendly

Chuck was a riot!