What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Shows to watch?

moocow

Lower Deck is more about the C-squad of the Federation, especially a bunch of Ensigns. Which is why I said it's a bit on the childish side. Doesn't hurt to watch one or two eps and see if it's your cup of tea. Haven't really touch TV-ish show, been watching Youtube.
  • Plainly Difficult, it's about a lot of industrial and nuke accidents
  • Mark Felton Productions, WW2 history
  • TimeGhost History, more WW2 history
  • The History Guy
  • Megaprojects by Simon Whislter
  • Business Blaze by Simon Whislter, hard to describe
  • Biographics by Simon Whislter
  • Geographics by Simon Whislter
  • Uncle Roger, once in awhile
  • How to Drink
  • Vicarious Voyager, trip review guy
  • Sam the Cooking Guy
  • Car Wizard
  • TastingHistory
  • savagegeese, car review
  • Throttle House, car review
  • Tavarish, car rebuild show (he rebuilt a F&F Lambo, another Lambo that caught on fire then twin turbo it, now he's working on a McLaren 670)
  • Kings and Generals
  • Overly Sarcastic Production (only the history stuff not the book review stuff)
  • Only In Japan * John Daub (I was suppose to go Japan for my B-Day this year, stupid COVID, so I need to watch some traveling related shows)

Skippman

Lower Deck is more about the C-squad of the Federation, especially a bunch of Ensigns. Which is why I said it's a bit on the childish side. Doesn't hurt to watch one or two eps and see if it's your cup of tea. Haven't really touch TV-ish show, been watching Youtube.
  • Plainly Difficult, it's about a lot of industrial and nuke accidents
  • Mark Felton Productions, WW2 history
  • TimeGhost History, more WW2 history
  • The History Guy
  • Megaprojects by Simon Whislter
  • Business Blaze by Simon Whislter, hard to describe
  • Biographics by Simon Whislter
  • Geographics by Simon Whislter
  • Uncle Roger, once in awhile
  • How to Drink
  • Vicarious Voyager, trip review guy
  • Sam the Cooking Guy
  • Car Wizard
  • TastingHistory
  • savagegeese, car review
  • Throttle House, car review
  • Tavarish, car rebuild show (he rebuilt a F&F Lambo, another Lambo that caught on fire then twin turbo it, now he's working on a McLaren 670)
  • Kings and Generals
  • Overly Sarcastic Production (only the history stuff not the book review stuff)
  • Only In Japan * John Daub (I was suppose to go Japan for my B-Day this year, stupid COVID, so I need to watch some traveling related shows)

Surprised to see that Dark5 and Dark Docs isn't on that list with all the Simon Whislter stuff.

moocow

Oh dang, forgot about those series. I do click on Dark Docs ones when they come across my feed but I'm not actively subscribed to them. For those that can understand Cantonese, Alfred Chan is also a pretty good channel for food review in HKG.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
@moocow
Definitely some cool channels in there (and I already watch dark5/dark skies, etc) but this is a thread specific for tv shows. YouTube series I watch under different circumstances than regular TV shows, so I don't really cross between the two. 🤷‍♂️

Skippman

Project Bluebook was also very well done. I'm hoping it will get The Expanse treatment and get saved by one of the streaming services.

Shadowmeph

ya I just finished fringe was watching Alias but not sure if I will continue the only thing is rambolbi stuff I watched it years ago so I am trying to remember where the plot twist is once I remember I probably will stop watching it is a bit bad at times hehe so I started to watch falling skies again

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Forgot to add Penny Dreadful, rewatching it now because I forgot how good it was.

And adding Orphan Black because I have no idea what I haven't seen it yet.

Edit:
Penny Dreadful, like Doom Patrol is what I would consider among the best acted shows I've ever seen. Not just stand out performances by one or two actors, but fantastic ones by most of the main cast of both.

Why do these shows not win many, many awards while utter garbage ones do? Oh well.

Last edited:

GregH

Didn't see The IT Crowd on your list. It's only something like 8 episodes over 2 seasons, but it's fantastic. It appears that you like British comedy, so I suspect you'll enjoy it.

Lysrin

Didn't see The IT Crowd on your list. It's only something like 8 episodes over 2 seasons, but it's fantastic. It appears that you like British comedy, so I suspect you'll enjoy it.

I second this one. Sometimes it's a little over-the-top silly but there are some gem moments in there. And if you're actually in IT, well then that's a cherry on top!

CMetaphor

Quadfather

I'll check it out, but I'm skeptical. I very much Hate shows that purposefully misrepresent intelligent/educated/scientific people as horrible. Ex: TBBT. TBBT is an utter piece of garbage that wasn't cancelled soon enough. A show made for idiots to feel better about themselves by watching "intelligent" people act like pure shit to each other. It's completely intolerable, and I know many many people - engineers, IT people and scientists included - that cannot stand it for exactly that reason.

So if the the IT Crowd is similar... I won't be watching it, at all.