What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Shows to watch?

moocow

What's STV? The shows these days are just too generic or just rehash of old shows. I mean all these cops / medic / firefighter / special forces are just the same stuff. Ranch on Amazon was crap but I enjoyed Jack Ryan (haven't watched further than ep3 season 1). Agents of Shields was ok (need to pick it up from 2nd last season). Picard was fine, liked the fact that they actually point out some flaws of Picard and the world isn't all good (not going to spoil). ST Discovery was kind of meh.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
STV is voyager. Bleh.

Agents of acronym was a massive letdown and not even watchable in later seasons. Weak "shocking" season -long drama like "who is going to die? Lets tease it all season long" is just terrible, terrible writing. Should have been cancelled, just like TBBT.

Picard I did like, though I haven't finished it yet. It's probably the first and only Trek I've enjoyed since ENT. Like 15+ years later.

Disco... Just NO. Retconning everything and cheapening the Kirk era is what made people question ENT. But everywhere ENT paid hommage, Disco just shat all over. Ex: Klingons are now deformed warlocks that can't even speak or enunciate properly because of the number of facial prothetics glued to their actors faces. Don't even get me started on the mushroom drive. Won't be watching it, probably ever.

I do also agree about the enjoyment of more different series. That's why so much of my list is "all over the place". Black Sails to Penny Dreadful to Rick and Morty to Firefly. They're all unique. The fews show I do watch that almost fit into the cutter cutters still have enough uniqueness, good acting/writing and clever enough plot to ensure its still enjoyable (ex's: Almost Human and Forever).

Lysrin

Picard did not do it for me at all by the end. Started out really liking it... then I thought it just turned into a soapbox for so many things. Trek has always had that air to it, but Picard was way over the top for me.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
best Star Trek is DS9, imo. it changed the formula and was the first serialized Star Trek where the next episode picked up and carried on the story line. it made it more real / nitty gritty feeling and I liked that.

I enjoyed Picard and can say meh about Discovery.

Shadowmeph

picard I didnt like because of Riker also I never really like picard do much of a dansy but the show was for me just watchable I t hink it was because it was sort of trek I never liked riker I mean the character might be ok but the actor sucked . the series Warrior wasn't to bad Bruce lee started to write the series when he was still alive

Izerous

Folding Team
things like TBBT, Numbers, Scorpion (and lots more like these) I find have pretty decent first seasons. New idea, new twist kinda intelligent and usually just a bit different but the power out so fast and start repeating themselves very very quickly. I don't think i even finished season 1 of scorpion for example but I did enjoy the first ~1/2 of the season.

crazyea

I just binged Californication. I really liked this show.

Also The Great on Amazon, and The Dutchess on Netflix were both pretty good too.

Shadowmeph

breaking bad was ... really bad in reality the characters would have been disappeared before the end of the first season so many shows like this insult my intelligence of how that world really works at the higher levels younger Impressionable people think that is how it is so they do it only to get themselves into a really bad situation or worse. probably why i like more fantasy syfi . one show I was surprised i would like was House . also Dexter was really good (the ending of the season was Sad though) when it first came out I didnt like it but then afer a few season and it was summer when not to many TV shows were out ( 2013 area) I watched a new episode and ended up starting to watch the whole story from the beginning.

Shadowmeph

things like TBBT, Numbers, Scorpion (and lots more like these) I find have pretty decent first seasons. New idea, new twist kinda intelligent and usually just a bit different but the power out so fast and start repeating themselves very very quickly. I don't think i even finished season 1 of scorpion for example but I did enjoy the first ~1/2 of the season.
I agree but I sill watched it nothing better to watch Like Supernatural