What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SJWs begin hijack of Linux??

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtletrax

Banned
https://lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/

Looks like they have pushed Torvolds out already and have begun a purge.

I have a friend that is a full stack developer and I have messaged him to see what he knows about this. If true could be some very scary repercussions no matter which way it goes.

When you realize the goal of the SJW narrative, the ends become even more distressing...

ilya

Linus was never pushed out he was either looking for an excuse to take leave or legitimately wanted to improve his behaviour in terms of how he treated other people.

If you actually read the code of conduct it's basically a copy pasted version of every code of conduct used in any professional work environment. All the drama and threats surrounding this seem to be targeted at the person who supposedly wrote the code of conduct. The COC author has had a long history of politicising everything to fit their political agenda (not 100% sure what gender they currently identify as) and is known to be a hyper radical SJW. The problem is in this specific situation they haven't done anything wrong yet and developers are freaking out and declaring war on each other.

It's funny because not that long ago Linus mentioned that the Linux foundation no longer needed a ruthless dictator to keep people in line and wanted a new leader to step in or start a coup d'etat against him. As much as I loved his antics and agree with his beliefs, he did quite often step out of line in terms of basic human respect.

Nevertheless there's enough corporate interest in the project that the Linux kernel will continue to see development regardless of all this drama.

Chilly

Its much ado about nothing. The CoC being pushed is par for the course, this is just a knee jerk reaction by some in the Linux kernel community because people hate change, even though for the most part nothing will actually change (besides the fact that most contributors are fairly anonymous, beyond handle they use - no one knows if they are a dog from Vulcan unless they out themselves).

Things will settle down or Linus will come out and yell at everyone once more before returning to his absence. On that note, Linus wasn't pushed out, this isn't the first time hes stepped aside - the last time he did git was born, so I look forward to what comes next from him.

AkG

IDK. I think the history of coc's being abused for SJW purposes and the fact it is being pushed by a self-ID'ed 'hufflepuff' (which I guess means... she/he/it likes to have sex with a replica of the sorting hat from harry pothead?) is scary. Add in the fact the SJW'ers are already abusing it (eg that selfsame hufflepuff is calling peeps 'rape apologists') AND not having the CoC applied equally (isnt public slander against the CoC?) IS disturbing. I dont blame the devs in the least. STOMP on this shite hard and fast. Start as you plan to continue. Never give the nutters an inch. That is the only way to keep *nix free and open source. Otherwise who would give their time to such a shite show? Without all the hard and FREE work from these devs... big corp will not be interested in Linux in the future. Big corps simply want to get the code (and bug fixes) without having to pay for it.

IMHO Linus is pulling a Steve Jobs. He sees the storm coming. Is getting out for a while. Then when it crashes and burns will step back in and look like a hero. To bad too. He is about the only one who could stop this without opting for a nuclear option.

turtletrax

Banned
IDK. I think the history of coc's being abused for SJW purposes and the fact it is being pushed by a self-ID'ed 'hufflepuff' (which I guess means... she/he/it likes to have sex with a replica of the sorting hat from harry pothead?) is scary. Add in the fact the SJW'ers are already abusing it (eg that selfsame hufflepuff is calling peeps 'rape apologists') AND not having the CoC applied equally (isnt public slander against the CoC?) IS disturbing. I dont blame the devs in the least. STOMP on this shite hard and fast. Start as you plan to continue. Never give the nutters an inch. That is the only way to keep *nix free and open source. Otherwise who would give their time to such a shite show? Without all the hard and FREE work from these devs... big corp will not be interested in Linux in the future. Big corps simply want to get the code (and bug fixes) without having to pay for it.

IMHO Linus is pulling a Steve Jobs. He sees the storm coming. Is getting out for a while. Then when it crashes and burns will step back in and look like a hero. To bad too. He is about the only one who could stop this without opting for a nuclear option.

My sentiments exactly.

Coding, by its nature is a meritocracy and giving the reins to those seeking to damage that should be avoided like the plauge.

You look at what is happening in the comic, movie, and other industries, I don't see any of the SJW rhetoric making anything actually better. If it was, I wouldn't have a single issue. It is just tactics to ruin the western world, and I am growing increasingly tired of people just rolling over.

fubar

They (i.e. the SJWs) are bullies and fascists and have a 'far-left' political agenda...

https://lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/

"The Contributor Covenant is an agreement to implement a special Code of Conduct (frequently CoC from now on) aimed at changing the predominantly white, straight, and male face of programming. CC’s Code of Conduct is controversial particularly because it allows anyone to be banned from contributing code for any reason, usually with no mechanism for oversight or accountability."

I think that they will eventually separate into factions, which will hurt the project but I think that's the only way it can go. Some people can figure out how to get along and work together but I don't see these groups being able to do that.

sswilson

Staff member
Ok folks, that's enough. Please take it back over to the Rebel website where the term SJW is considered part of the norm rather than seen as an offensive attack on folks with political views different from your own.

We (well... "I" at the very least :) ) do allow a few similar comments to slip through from time to time, but this is primarily a PC forum and as such once the comments turn into a a full thread with no end in sight it's time to ask folks to let it go and move on.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts