What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SkyNet gets a little bit closer...

Lysrin

SkyNet is enroute...parkour robots...mounted laser platforms.

and I, for one, cower!!! ;)

That's very likely a programmed activity with some trial and error, hence the fails video, at least I don't think that is AI driven (?), but still pretty cool. Now when you can create a course like that and tell the robot to get through it as quickly as possible from object A to object B, and it uses all those moves dynamically by its own path decision making and choice... well... then we should start to worry. But they can't do that yet right? ... RIGHT?! :p

And from the laser article - "Lieutenant General ..., Director for Hypersonics, Directed Energy, Space and Rapid Acquisition" - how's that for a title? We are living in the future!

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
That's very likely a programmed activity with some trial and error, hence the fails video, at least I don't think that is AI driven (?), but still pretty cool. Now when you can create a course like that and tell the robot to get through it as quickly as possible from object A to object B, and it uses all those moves dynamically by its own path decision making and choice... well... then we should start to worry. But they can't do that yet right? ... RIGHT?! :p

And from the laser article - "Lieutenant General ..., Director for Hypersonics, Directed Energy, Space and Rapid Acquisition" - how's that for a title? We are living in the future!
oh yes, totally agree. I don't think AI can exist...not self aware anyhow. they can things because of data sets and running them through algorithms to run probabilities, but no free thinking.

Soultribunal

Staff member
oh yes, totally agree. I don't think AI can exist...not self aware anyhow. they can things because of data sets and running them through algorithms to run probabilities, but no free thinking.

You know, humanity has a really bad habit of saying stuff like that, and being wrong.
I am sure there is a way for there to be self awareness over time. After all, we are just biological computers.

-ST

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
oh dear...Tesla is getting in on SKyNet now too, but Elon is using words with subterfuge...LoL! ;)