What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sleeved cable companies

Dwayne

I am thinking of getting some custom cables for my new build. Looking for some feedback on the different companies out there. Everyone knows about CableMods but I see that there are other choices. I am thinking of full cables and not extensions, just for the visible ones, and I will need 3 PCIe cables, so premade kits might not work. Anyway, hoping for some first hand feedback to go along with my DuckDuckGo searches.

Cheers

Lysrin

Well, you said everyone knows about CableMod, but I'll share my experience anyway because they are my first and only custom cable purchase. It was a premade set that was compatible with my EVGA power supply. Bought on Amazon.ca actually. No complaints. The quality is good I think and I have no complaints for the price.

lowfat

Staff member
CableMod is likely going to be a lot cheaper than others as they'll be made in China versus a one man shop doing it all himself. And sleeving is extremely time consuming.

Dwayne

CableMod is likely going to be a lot cheaper than others as they'll be made in China versus a one man shop doing it all himself. And sleeving is extremely time consuming.

Thanks for the input. I know how time consuming working on wiring is. Just doing terminations without sleeving is a chore :) I have been looking at the configurator on Cablemod's site, they offer a lot of choices. Unless someone has had a good experience with another brand, they appear to be the best option.

JD

Staff member
You could checkout https://www.moddiy.com/ as well, they have quite a selection and even do custom length kits too. I think I ordered some individual cables from them a while ago. But I'm running a full CableMod set in my PC currently.

Dwayne

Thanks for the input. I decided to go with Cablemods and the pre-built stuff. I recalled that I had a coupon in the motherboard box from my current 2 year old build, and it still worked, 20% off! So not only should the build be powerful, but it will look extra pretty too. And only I will really be the one to admire it, the wife just doesn't care :)

Cannon Fodder

Kyle, of the Bitwit Youtube channel has mentioned a cable sleeving company he's used a few times in the past year or so(my guesstimate, based on videos I've watched), which is NOT Cablemod, and he seems pretty pleased with the results...... unfortunately, I don't know the name of them off the top o' my head, so some sleuthing, or maybe simply asking, would reveal the name...... :unsure:

Dwayne

Kyle, of the Bitwit Youtube channel has mentioned a cable sleeving company he's used a few times in the past year or so(my guesstimate, based on videos I've watched), which is NOT Cablemod, and he seems pretty pleased with the results...... unfortunately, I don't know the name of them off the top o' my head, so some sleuthing, or maybe simply asking, would reveal the name...... :unsure:

I watched his video, he has some by a company call Asiahorse, I believe. Not sure if they were only extensions thought, but I was after replacements to cut the bulk too. Cablemods has a good rep, some folks here use them, so that's a good enough endorsement for me.

Latest posts

Twitter