What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SLI not detected after new mobo battery

Mayoo

Hi all,

I recently posted something about my BIOS randomly resetting and some odd chassis intruder alert on my P8P67-PRO (note that this model doesn't have a chassis intruder system). I followed some advice and changed the battery today.

I had to remove my second GPU to do so. So I've cut the power, removed the GPU #2, replaced the battery, clear the CMOS (while at it) and then rebooted without plugging back the second GPU (only power was on, but the card wasn't on any PCI slots). When I saw everything booted correctly, I connected the second GPU and booted. This time I also took time to reconfigure the BIOS to my liking. Then I saw the second GPU was not detected. I did the following:

- Swapped GPUs, both cards are fine.
- System restore to yesterday. No luck.
- Switched main GPU to #2, nothing.
- Flashed BIOS, nothing.

I've read somewhere that reinstalling the OS could help. I highly doubt this will help in my case since system restore didn't work.

Now before I go ahead and buy a single GPU monster, I want to have everyone's input on what to try next and the possible causes.

Thank you.

sswilson

Staff member
A couple of thoughts... does a single card work fine in the secondary slot? How about power for the second card... have you tried swapping the GPU cables around to see if it follows the cable? Could be you accidentally disconnected one of the two PCIe plugs from your modular PSU.

Mayoo

I cannot get the secondary slot to work at all.

The power I did swapped the cards but I tried to swap only cables like you said just now. Only card in primary slot is working.

I also re installed the graphics drivers. Still no luck.

sswilson

Staff member
Have you tried this outside of the case? Aside from a short of some form, I'd be inclined to suggest that the motherboard is fubared.

KaptCrunch

take a closer look at/inside the pci-e slot that not shown up, look for flatten pin connector in the shorter slot of pci-e connector

with power out of MB and no lights lit, use a safety pin to re-arch connector pins in slot by incerting safety pin in outer square @ 45 angle and push pin inward against contact in middle

Mayoo

Trying to anticipate the worst....

NCIX: No LGA 1155 + SLI
TigerDirect: Only this one : Asus Motherboards LGA1155 Processor Interface ,SLI Ready Multi-GPU Support at TigerDirect.ca
Newegg got a few: Computer Hardware, Motherboards, Intel Motherboards, LGA 1155, 2 - Newegg.com
Amazon: One refurb (only searched my model): http://www.amazon.ca/Asus-P8P67-PRO-REV-3-0/dp/B004QF0VD6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1413770420&sr=8-2&keywords=p8p67+pro

Any thoughts? Should I endure my single 570 or spend money for THAT little time (expecting to upgrade in a year or so)

KaptCrunch

Jonathan you have a voltmeter to check if pin #

2 pos and pin #4 gnd for 12vdc

pin# 10 for 3.3v pos and 4 gnd

mite of blown a fuse on MB if no power present

Twitter