What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SLI not detected after new mobo battery

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Get the system stable. Can you boot from PCIE1 and just use the system stable by removing card #2? Can you do the same by removing card #1? Im refering to slot for slot. Windows doesnt care what slot you boot from. Remove Slot 1, boot, remove slot 2, boot. Do they both work?

If either one of these scenarios work, then it is (probably) not a hardware issue regarding the GPU's.

You already said the PC boots with one GPU. Why the HELL are we checking voltages on pins on the motherboard? Is the system stable with ONE gpu? Great. Moving on...

Is the system stable if you remove the fist GPU and boot off the SECOND gpu? No/yes?

Awaiting answer...

Last edited:

Mayoo

Update: This does look like PCIE #2 is dead. I contacted ASUS support and after verification (which consisted in trying both cards in PCIE #1), they suggested I try to RMA.

Thing is, I bought in may 2011. I am just over 3 years ... damn. Let's see what will happen.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Update: This does look like PCIE #2 is dead. I contacted ASUS support and after verification (which consisted in trying both cards in PCIE #1), they suggested I try to RMA.

Thing is, I bought in may 2011. I am just over 3 years ... damn. Let's see what will happen.

:thumb:

Sorry I didnt reply to your other post. Guess it got filtered on the 'new post' bug.

Glad to hear you got it figured out tho, and glad I could get you started on the right track! :canadianwave:

Mayoo

Update: Chatted and called ASUS. Well yeah the warranty is expired. But, given the state of the product, I can use the legal warranty law. Like any other company, ASUS choose to refuse to obey the law. They told me that repairing it would costs 151$ ... yeah one hundred and frikkin' fifty-one dollars. This is 70% of the price I paid for the darn mobo.

What next? I made a complaint and wait for their response.

I always worshiped ASUS since I made my own computers. But this time, I think I had enough. A few years ago I had problems with their loud GPU fans, and now the mobo that desides PCIE #2 doesn't work after a battery change. The way I see this, this not only costs me the mobo, but also the second GPU while I don't have any replacement.

Question: What to do next? Trust ASUS again or go with another brand? Which one?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Question: What to do next? Trust ASUS again or go with another brand? Which one?

Switch. If this form means anything, I think the general consensus would be MSI. I stand by them. You can search the forums for a lot more info about these kinds of questions however.

Desiato

I do not believe any manufacturer would have supported the motherboard issue OOW. And this kind of problem can happen with any brand.

Asus uses the same GPU fans as everyone else; their GPU products tend to be less loud as the competition, in my experience.

I know it's easy to want to swear off a company after a product fails, but I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice in this case.

Mayoo

Update: Good news! :clap:

I got a response from the complaint. After confirming, from myself, that no physical damage was done, I will ship them the motherboard. If they find nothing, then ... well it's working. If not, they will repair it free of charge.

YAY! Power to the people! :haha:

Latest posts