What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

sli psu plugins

Shadowmeph

I have a older nvid board ( 680i)that can run tri and I would like to try to run two cards in the future but the thing is that my PSU is a real power pro 750 standard which I am pretty sure can handle SLI but it only has two 6 pin and two 8pin connectors and the 8 pin connectors are attached to the 6 pin connector line. now most video card need two plugins in a few different combinations two 6pin or an 8pin 6 pin.anyways how do I run two cards?

Zero82z

Banned
If I understand you right, you're saying that your PSU came with two 6-pin and two 8-pin modular PCI-E cables but the PSU itself only has space for two PCI-E cables of any kind? If that is the case, you'll just have to use molex to PCI-E adapters to make up the extra connectors you need. Of course, it also depends which GPUs you plan on using, but most newer nVidia cards do require two PCI-E power connectors.

Shadowmeph

but is the video cards both have 2 6pin how can a 8 pin connect to the 6 pin?

Zero82z

Banned
That depends on the video card. Some cards require one 6-pin and one 8-pin and others require two 6-pins. And depending on how the sockets on the card are located, you may be able to fit an 8-pin connector into a 6-pin socket and leave the extra two pins hanging out if there is space.

Latest posts

Twitter