What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SLi

johnnyuterus

Hi,

Just got my system up and running, first build and first SLi machine. I installed Xp with a single GTX260 and once I was done installing I shutdown, added the second card, SLi bridge and restarted. the instructions claim that in the NviDia control centre there is an option for initiating the SLi, however I am not seeing this

In my hardware manager there is pci bridge and a yellow exclamation point?? so what am I missing?

any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

BrianHanna

Hi,

Just got my system up and running, first build and first SLi machine. I installed Xp with a single GTX260 and once I was done installing I shutdown, added the second card, SLi bridge and restarted. the instructions claim that in the NviDia control centre there is an option for initiating the SLi, however I am not seeing this

In my hardware manager there is pci bridge and a yellow exclamation point?? so what am I missing?

any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

im guessing drivers

Iamcanadian7

Yup, you need to install the graphics card drivers.

Best to go to Nvidia's website and download the latest 181's rather than the older ones on the CD.

After you install the drivers, go into the NV control panel and they will be an option to enable or disable SLI.

johnnyuterus

so I just got done installing the 181's and now I have a few more options in the nvidia control center but nothing about SLi and hardware manager still has pci device with an exclamation point next to it....not sure what i'm doing wrong here??

SugarJ

Staff member
I'm not an SLI guy, but you've tested both cards separately to make sure they both work? If so, I'd try deleting the device in device manager and force a reinstall after booting.

edit: And which mobo are you using? Any jumper settings required on mobo for SLI use?

johnnyuterus

Striker II extreme. I've got both cards with 2x pci-e connectors and the SLi bridge connected. even if something is wrong with the hardware shouldn't the software not offer the option?

Twitter