What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Slim Rad, Darkside or EK SE360?

LegendMask

I decided to start my water cooling for my build and was planning to use two 360 Rads (RX360 on top/EK XT 360 on bottom)

However, I sadly just found out that my XSPC RX360 wont fit on my Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic on top, so Im gonna have to get a slim 360 and was wondering from your previous experience am I better off with the DarkSide Slim rad or SE360?

Im still hesitated if I should put the slim at top or bottom, since I want to use Vertical GPU this time.

Cptn Vortex

Either one will perform nearly identically. The EK has slightly more dense fins so fan choice is a little more important, but both will perform great. Aesthetically the EK may have better fit and finish, but the price on the Darkside is quite nice!

LegendMask

Either one will perform nearly identically. The EK has slightly more dense fins so fan choice is a little more important, but both will perform great. Aesthetically the EK may have better fit and finish, but the price on the Darkside is quite nice!

Thanks for your input, Im more concerned about performance rather than finish since I will end up painting what I ever I will settle on.

If they perform similar I will most likely go with DarkSide, unless Im missing something I should keep an eye out for.

10e

I would probably go with the DarkSide and save the money. It has a thicker core, louvered fins and should perform better.

Xtreme Rigs reviewed the SE 360 and showed a significant performance deficit with the other brands like HW Labs and Alphacool.

The Darkside LP360 performs pretty closely to the XSPC EX 360 from what I've seen and should be better at 1200RPM fans and up.

If I were to pick the SE360 it's only because it is easier to paint with the removable shroud.

Jokester

I have a spare Darkside if you are interested. Just hadn't gotten around to selling parts out of the old rig yet.

Lysrin

Just one more vote for DarkSide. I have two slim 240mm ones in my build and have been very pleased.

Latest posts