What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Slow Connection With Intel 82579V

NSdeadly1

My new Sabertooth motherboard has the built in Intel 82579V which is supposed to be one of the best controllers out there but it seems very slow. My connection for gaming seems fine but web browsing is painfully slow. The main thing i notice is that if i'm trying to view a site that has a lot of pictures (ie. NCIX) it seems to take a long time to load. I've tried searching for fixes but i can't seem to find anything. Does anyone here have experience with this controller? I'm quite sure it's not my router or connection as my wife's computer and my laptop seem to work just fine. Any help would be appreciated.

rfglass

Last edited by a moderator:

Jebusman

who is your ISP? mine is Eastlink and fibreoptic,but I have noticed during prime times a very high ping sometimes up over 190,and that can cause issues

You have fibreoptic? Because what I'm seeing from your speedtest is not fiberoptic at all. Looks like a standard Eastlink 20/1 line.

Which is exactly what NSdeadly1 has according to his speedtest.

Arinoth

Staff member
That doesn't look like fibreoptic at all as they have considerably higher upload speeds. Also, I was under the impression that only Bell currently had/offered it and not to any re-distributors as of yet (I could easily be wrong)

misterd

Eastlink touts their connections/network as HFC - Hybrid Fibre Coax. Fibre sounds better so that's what people hear/want to believe. That's a normal speedtest for them on the older 20/1 plan. If it's only during web browsing and not gaming, perhaps try a different browser? If you copy stuff from one computer to another what kind of speeds do you see?

NSdeadly1

It only happens when viewing web pages with a lot of pics or flash links like the ones here. Everything else seems to be fine. I'm at a total loss. All drivers are up to date and have been uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Windows is legal and a fresh instal. Any other suggestions?

JD

Staff member
Have you tried a different browser? Like Firefox, Chrome or Opera?

NSdeadly1

It seems that I might have finally figured it out. I uninstalled Firefox and ran CCleaner to make sure nothing was left, did a reinstall of Firefox then completely removed IE and it seems ok now. Either the 2 were conflicting some how or the previous instals(and there were a few lol) were corrupting some how. Thanks for the help everyone, if it happens again i'll let everyone know.

Latest posts