What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Slow disk to disk to transfer rates.

CroSsFiRe2009

Recently my disk to disk transfer rates seem to have gone down the drain. Currently I have a 320gb Seagate 7200.10 as my boot drive and a 1tb WD10EADS as the storage drive. Whenever I transfer data to each other the transfer rate as reported by Win7 starts off normal at around 55MB/s but then it tanks to around 25-30 in a few seconds and remains at that speed for the rest of the file transfer. I know the estimated transfer rate shown by Win7 isn't all that accurate but I have even timed file transfers and they are indeed much slower than before. Is it possible that I've used an incorrect setting that would cause these slow transfer rates?

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I run my OS drives on the ich9 sata ports and the storage on the jmicron ones, having them on seperate controllers speeds up transfers between them.

CroSsFiRe2009

Hmm..been playing around with settings and it seems to be working better. Only problem is the moment I do anything other than transfer files, transfer rates decrease but even when I stop, it keeps decreasing to the old 25MB/s. I'm using a 3GB rar file as a standard test at the moment. Would disk errors be a cause of these bad speeds?

EDIT - Seems like its just my 1tb drive thats causing trouble. Seems to be extremely slow transferring files. Got normal transfer rates under hd tune but after running it a few times, get 1MB -3MB transfers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter