What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

slow loading speed

fc0712

hey i got very slow loading speed on my web browser especially on my gaming rig that is connected over LAN, and my laptop that is running wireless is a lot faster but still isnt fast enough.

my router is time capsule 2 tb bought may 2010

i use the built in lan on my gaming rig on the motherboard, the motherboard is asus p8z77-v
i use cat5e cables

my download and upload speed is 40/40 and when i download things from origin on my gaming rig the speed is 3-4 mbps

i have tried both chrome and firefox

NyteOwl

Origin may throttle their download servers to even out the load. What speeds are you seeing on comparable sized files from other sites?

SugarJ

Staff member
Not to be rude, but are you confusing megabits and megabytes? Most ISP connections are advertised as a megabit speed. 40 megabits/sec = ~4 megabytes/sec. My Shaw connection is 50 Mb/s down, the fastest download speed I've seen is 5.5 MB/s. Note the small b and large B. They mean different things. :thumb:

fc0712

no i found that my cable was bad, and btw my point was the i got the right download but webpages loaded slowly

grinder

fast downloads but slow web page rendering usually points to a slow dns server... could be yours, could be your ISP's. you can manually plug in a different DNS server in your TCP/IP settings to test.

Twitter