What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

slow SSD read/write speeds

OuTR

Hello,

I recently purchased an A-Data S592 32GB SSD and installed it in an Acer Aspire One model 751H. 2GB of DDR2 and support for Sata II. The read/write speeds claim the drive can do 250/190 but when I run benching software such as HD Tune or CrystalMark, I get speeds along the lines of 52/50. These are incredibly slow speeds and are slower than many hard drives. I updated the Phoenix bios, flashed the drive firmware to the latest on their site, turned off all features that shouldn't be running on the OS,made sure TRIM was active, and have a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium on the drive but the speed remains the same. The drive is also aligned and works well, except for the slow speeds. I'm at my wits end here and have run out of ideas to fix this.:doh: A-data doesn't seem too keen in responding to emails. Any help to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Outr

gingerbee

yes they support trim. but the 32gb read speeds are only 230 and write are 150. i have never had a problem with mine at all. best bang for buck i think. emm email there american office it normally takes a day or two but they will get back to you for sure. with out specs for your system. sounding like south bridge considering both your read and write to seem limited to the same speed. jm2cents :thumb:

+1to lowfats point of testing it. these are great ssd

Last edited:

AkG

Isnt that a netbook? IF it is....don't expect super speeds from it as EVERY part of the netbook has been designed with low heat and power consumption in mind (including the SB).
Yank the drive and stick in another system. See what results you get.

AkG

The S592 is a Indlinix based drive. Latest firmware Adata offers for it is the same as 1.4 so if the controller can pass on TRIM....it SHOULD be able to know what to do.

Id DL and run wiper.exe. See how long it takes to run. THEN run CDM and see what numbers you get. Did wiper.exe take under 1 minute? Did the numbers improve in CDM? IF the answer is yes to the first and NO to the second....its not the drive at fault. Its the system. IF wiper.exe took a long time to complete....TRIM is NOT enabled and its the system at fault. IF it took a short period of time AND CDM did not improve it MAY be the drive or the system. Then you should yank and test in another system to see if the numbers improve.

YMMV but that is what I would do.

OuTR

Thanks for all the info guys. Yeah it is a netbook. I decided to just image the drive, take it out of the aspire one, and throw it in my rig. I formatted, ran CDM and I got 199/120, so it is the netbook after all. Bummer. I know netbooks are made for low power, but I didn't think it could cripple the drive this badly. :censored:

Peroxide

Your drive is only rated for 230/150 so 200/120 really isn't that bad.

Especially if you have been using it without TRIM or any GC.

Ops, I see that's in a PC, not your Netbook.

Have you properly set up your Windows installation on your notebook for use with an SSD?

Did you copy an image from another HDD or do a fresh install when you first got it?

Latest posts