What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SLOW transfer rate and an error on 1 TB green

Hi all,

I just traded some ram for this 1 TB green drive. I had backed up all my data over to an external drive and wanted to put this green drive in another build but wanted to test it. Anyways, it took over 6 hours to transfer about 190gb of data from my external to the green drive. I have owned a couple of green drives before but it never took this long. Anyways I downloaded WD software to find out issues and getting this particular error message, what exactly does it mean? I am not very good with hard drives to be frank and wanted to find out if this can be fixed? I had formatted the drive before using it. Any feedback would be great.

Attachments

frontier204

If Reallocated Sector count fails in the SMART stats you can (and should) RMA the drive. As with most of the "PRE-FAIL" S.M.A.R.T. attributes, the failure means your drive is expected to be completely dead in 24 hours.

LarkStarr

118 remapped sectors? Time to RMA dat drive. Hope you got the appropriate paperwork to do so.

If Reallocated Sector count fails in the SMART stats you can (and should) RMA the drive. As with most of the "PRE-FAIL" S.M.A.R.T. attributes, the failure means your drive is expected to be completely dead in 24 hours.
Yea thats what I figured, I have contacted the member here whom I traded the ram with to see what can be done.

118 remapped sectors? Time to RMA dat drive. Hope you got the appropriate paperwork to do so.
Yea eh, do you require a receipt for rma purposes with WD? I have contacted the trader to see if he would be willing to pay for shipping. Thanks

AkG

Yea thats what I figured, I have contacted the member here whom I traded the ram with to see what can be done.

Yea eh, do you require a receipt for rma purposes with WD? I have contacted the trader to see if he would be willing to pay for shipping. Thanks
First thing I would do...is check to make sure it is in warranty and hasnt been registered. If it hasnt...reg that mofo in your name, phone em up and start the RMA process. You probably (never been asked for one that was showing as in warranty) will only need a receipt IF its showing as OOW (as it goes by date of mfg...and receipt will reset the warranty to date of SALE)

WD Support / Warranty Services / Warranty Services for End User Customers

Latest posts

Twitter