What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Slow USB3 speeds on new set up! Upgrade bummer!

Rockfella

I upgraded to Core i5 4440 yesterday along with this board:

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-H97M-DS3P (rev. 1.0)

I had this board previously:

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 4.1)

This board needed a driver for USB3 ports to work (i am assuming it had an external controller instead of something on the main chipset) I used to get around 50-90 MBps transfer speeds on USB3 components on it and a 9 meter USB3 cable (! yes 9 meter) worked flawlessly on it for Fiio E10:

Amazon.com: FiiO E10 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier: Electronics

to amp this:

Audio-Technica's ATH-M50 | Professional Studio Monitor Headphones || Audio-Technica US

After the upgrade I am no longer able to use that long cable and i get slower speeds on USB3. It looks like it is capped @ 49 MBps. I was expecting better performance as this chipset is new and USB3 is on the "Chipset" instead of an external controller.

Any inputs will help...

Last edited:

Rockfella

I was using same OS on previous set up so I guess it has nothing to do with the operating systems. There are users reporting slow USB3 speeds on windows 8/8.1 as compared to what they got in windows 7 but i think its not what I am facing.

Rockfella

The USB3 pen drive capped out @ 50! Sorry my bad :ph34r: Transferring from pen drive to ssd/hdd gives 70/80 MBps.

Last edited:

Latest posts