What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Slow windows startup need help?

kr7777

I had been using windows 7 64-bit for about 6 months (samsung hdd 500 gb),howmuch rpm dont know.my pc starts in 50 sec.

Generic User #2

...that doesn't sound slow at all for a harddrive.

are you saying its slower than it used to be?

KaptCrunch

check all your HARDWARE drivers are up to date like sound, video, chipset, lan and bios firmware NOTE update in dos only when flash bios, make sure you have correct file for your motherboard version if applicailple

if a laptop go to manufactures site and get updates

AkG

Defrag the HDD. Make sure the OS is on the 'fast' part of the HDD.
See what apps are loading on startup. Turn off the ones you dont NEED to start on bootup.
Run Malwarebytes anda GOOD A/V to make sure you dont have nasties on the rig.
Update all the drivers and firmware to latest versions.

IF its still slow after doing all four. Then you have a hardware problem. Most likely its just a SOFTWARE problem.

moocow

Or are you talking about how it sits at black screen after you log in and wait like 1 minute before it loads desktop. I experience that as soon as I install all my Win 7 updates.

kr7777

you are also right moocow it does as you said . what is the solution of that problem?

kr7777

actually i noticed all of the three posts (akg , shadowmeph , moocow) are correct about my problem.
slow as in getting to the desktop & actually loading the desktop also.

Latest posts