What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Slower than Pentium 4 After BSOD

geokilla

My sister's computer has similar specs to my own rig that you can see to the right. Ever since getting a BSOD a couple days ago, it's running slower than a Pentium 4 rig. I have no idea what is wrong, and how to fix it. I already checked the BIOS settings and they're normal. Only thing I haven't tried is recommended, stock settings.

I think the only solution I got left is to do a format when I got time. Whatcha guys think?

AMD Phenom II 720 BE Unlocked @ 3.2Ghz
Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H
OCZ 4GB DDR2 RAM
OCZ StealthXStream 500W

Last edited:

Soullessone21

Check if the HDD is dying. I had my 3960X acting slow ended up being a bad HDD on my testing rig wasnt even the main drive but it still slowed it down.

Silent_Avenger

Do you have CPU-Z? Also check the the cpu speed make sure it's at what you set it at. I had something similar happen to me on my MSI board turned out to be the cpu safety kicked in but stayed on after reboot for some reason.

ilya

Check VRM temps, that board is known to have pretty weak power delivery but makes up for it by throttling down your CPU when it gets stressed.

magixx

As other's have said I would try checking the HDD and also see what the bios is reporting.

Nodscene

Could also be a virus. They are known to cause blue screens and slow computers.

Soultribunal

Staff member
AS they said test memory , as well check your Task Manager and see if something is all of the sudden eating up system resources since that is a good indicator of virus/malware.

-ST

Shadowmeph

Could also be a virus. They are known to cause blue screens and slow computers.
yes I agree some virus and malware do this crash your PC then totally bog it right down. which OS are you using then open up task manager and see how many running process's are running if there are more then usual try to determine which process is which and any of the ones you don't know look them up and kill then .also boot into safe mode and see if it seems any faster .

Latest posts

Twitter