What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Small ATX case?

fubar

...That can take a 10.5" video card???? :)
I will also have in the computer, one SSD and maybe one NVME ssd.

16GB of RAM, no DVD/optical drive.
I wonder if I should consider ITX, too. I have a RX 580 though and I think they are 10.5"? Although, I have read/seen people's builds and one e.g. is a SG13 with a RX 580 in it.
I was interested in the riotoro cr1080 but it's out of stock everywhere it's sold. I was wondering if there's anything recent that is like this - the Riotoro case is a bit old so maybe that's why it's out of stock?

I don't think I can budget for those fancy Ncase 1s and other similar cases, though.

Any suggestions or advice?

fubar

I think you'd be better off with ITX, there's a lot more "small" ITX cases than there are ATX ones...

Maybe this? https://www.in-win.com/en/gaming-chassis/a1/, looks like it would fit any GPU.
Looks interesting. What AIO would work with that?

Of the ATX cases, I was considering this one:
https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=53

What do you think? You are right, though, there's way more ITX cases to choice from. But, the drawback is that there is a lot less motherboards to choose from compared to ATX. :-( Also, I thought it's hard to find a decent itx mobo with a correspondingly decent VRM. :-/

fubar

I think the Asus ITX mobos are the only real choice. Don't you think? For e.g., for X470, the ASUS ROG Strix X470-I and for Intel, probably the Asus Rog Strix Z390-I Gaming.

Lpfan4ever

I toyed with the idea of ITX for a while, but in the end the compromise for a gaming rig with proper cooling was just too much. I went mATX instead and that gives you good case choices for small, medium, full size, whatever. I've got an Arc Midi R2, as I needed the triple rad support for my existing WC hardware. There's tons of smaller options that'll take at least a 120mm AIO like the Fractal Design Define Mini C, NZXT H400i, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv.

JD

Staff member
Looks interesting. What AIO would work with that?

Of the ATX cases, I was considering this one:
https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=53

What do you think? You are right, though, there's way more ITX cases to choice from. But, the drawback is that there is a lot less motherboards to choose from compared to ATX. :-( Also, I thought it's hard to find a decent itx mobo with a correspondingly decent VRM. :-/
It would be tight, but you should be able to fit one one on the rear fan, like this for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMXoRr3zyxw

How much overclocking are you planning on doing? ITX boards have come quite a ways and get better each year I'd say.

With that Raijintek, if you put a 240mm AIO up top, I think you'd be starving the GPU for air or blowing hot air into the GPU. Either way wouldn't be great. If you stuck to a single AIO on the rear fan and used the top fans as intake, it would be better.

clshades

I’d be watching video reviews from this site until you find what you are looking for. I’ve watched hours and hours of dimitry’s vlogs.

fubar

I toyed with the idea of ITX for a while, but in the end the compromise for a gaming rig with proper cooling was just too much. I went mATX instead and that gives you good case choices for small, medium, full size, whatever. I've got an Arc Midi R2, as I needed the triple rad support for my existing WC hardware. There's tons of smaller options that'll take at least a 120mm AIO like the Fractal Design Define Mini C, NZXT H400i, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv.
You didn't think the choices for a mATX mobo was pretty bad? For AM4, it's almost nonexistent unless you are okay going with a B450 mobo. I'm not sure about Intel...maybe it's a bit better for CL boards?

Latest posts

Twitter