What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Small problem with the pc...

omgwtf

Asus M2N-E, Amd Athlon 64 X2 4600+ with ac5 and freezer 64 pro, seagate 320gb, Ocz platinum 2gb 800 Mhz, PC2 6400..XFX 7900gs, ocz gamexstream 600w..
Monitor: Acer AL1916
problem: this morning when I started the pc instead of showing me the black screen with those details it showed me Acer..I said no problem it does this thing a lot of times..after that it showed no signal (the monitor)..and then it restarted automatically. I waited, this time it showed (you know black screen with press f8 to enter..) it entered in windows, but my taskbar was setted in windows classic style and my background changed to blue and after that it restarted again automatically. The third time when it entered in windows it showed me an error with winglogon.exe ..Probably a virus?

Shadowmeph

Asus M2N-E, Amd Athlon 64 X2 4600+ with ac5 and freezer 64 pro, seagate 320gb, Ocz platinum 2gb 800 Mhz, PC2 6400..XFX 7900gs, ocz gamexstream 600w..
Monitor: Acer AL1916
problem: this morning when I started the pc instead of showing me the black screen with those details it showed me Acer..I said no problem it does this thing a lot of times..after that it showed no signal (the monitor)..and then it restarted automatically. I waited, this time it showed (you know black screen with press f8 to enter..) it entered in windows, but my taskbar was setted in windows classic style and my background changed to blue and after that it restarted again automatically. The third time when it entered in windows it showed me an error with winglogon.exe ..Probably a virus?
Which windows ver are you using?

omgwtf

Oh forgot to tell... Windows Xp prof with service pack 2..all updates are up to date..

qwerty

Well it seems like you are getting a POSt and actually booting into the OS so I would rule out hardware as a cause and would zoom in on the software.

Have you tried booting into safe mode?

Windows could have resorted to the classic theme as perhaps your memory was used up by something else maybe a virus who knows. I would boot into safe mode with networking and go to Kaspersky.com and do an online scan.

omgwtf

This thing happens occasionally not too often so It didn't bothered me until now.
I'm gonna do that in safe mode and tell you what comes up.

omgwtf

Update: no viruses found..scanned with nod32 and with online mcafee and kaspersky antivirus.

Latest posts