What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Small system build "Little Valley"

yamawho

I have been on the small PC crusade for a while now. This interest has been fueled by the basic idea, how much PC does one really need to do everyday tasks. How big, fast and loud does it really need to be?

Although I have built 6 special purpose systems over the last few years, this is one of my favs. I have it running at home as a print server, fax server and file server using XP Pro. In the end it was easier to go with XP over linux because 3 out of the 4 printers I want to hook up have no linux driver support. It runs 24/7 and uses about the same power as a light bulb. The foot print is 8 x 8" and stands 6" high.

Motherboard: Intel D201GLY2 "Little Valley"
CPU: Integrated single core Celeron conroe L 220 cpu @ 1.2 ghz
RAM: 1GB Crucial Rendition PC2-5300 DDR2-667
Graphics Card: SIS integrated
Hard Drive: 500GB WD SATA 2 hdd
Power supply: PICO-120 & 110w brick

Attachments

• 100_1537a.jpg
    100_1537a.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 100_1536a.jpg
    100_1536a.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 447

Infiniti

Wow, thats.. Awesome. :thumb: Do you think you can take a picture with an everyday household item so we can see a comparison? :rofl:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Compare with the Molex connector.

Nice build; I went the other way (see sig.), but for the same purposes: printers and file servers. Oh, and folding too!

misterlarry

Now that's a comparison that I can relate to? What's smaller than a beer bottle and...

Sweet!

:clap::clap::clap:

I've heard there's money in making things smaller (couldn't spell minaturisasion? nothing I try looks right).

:haha::haha::haha:

Mibs

Beautiful! Builds like this don't always cross our minds when all we can think about is how many FPS or PPD we can get with our extremely overclocked rigs with monstrous cooling.

Latest posts