What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

*sniff* - a sad day.

b1lk1

You're using the wrong shops if they cannot diagnose this.

Also, if it shudders some of the time but not all of the time then it is the transmission. Not sure why a transmission costs $5K, should cost about $1K to rebuild it and the same or less to install it.

Wicked15

I agree with B1,
Is there any correlation with load? uphill, downhill, while turning? Did your mechanic put it on the hoist by a foot or 2 and let it idle in 1st and 2nd gear and maybe turn at a slow speed to see if the results still happen when no load is on the tranny. Does it only shudder at the start of a gear until you get to a "certain" speed or revs? If it's only during acceleration than I would say that rules out a driveshaft or u-joints as Any time I've had a DS or u-joint go bad they would act up at the start of acceleration(or not until a certain speed) until you get up to speed and spin themselves out or and as you let of the gas, they would act up again at that same speed during deceleration.

b1lk1

Driveshaft problems are a constant, they do not manifest in the way he described. Driveshaft problems get worse with speed. THere is almost always a noise involved with driveshaft issues.

Knowing it is a Ford, I would really stare hard at the transmission. In fact, anything older than 99, I would REALLY look hard at the transmission.

I stand by that you have the wrong people looking at it and I could build a full racing transmission that could handle 1000HP for less than $5k....

KaptCrunch

Driveshaft problems are a constant, they do not manifest in the way he described. Driveshaft problems get worse with speed. THere is almost always a noise involved with driveshaft issues.

Knowing it is a Ford, I would really stare hard at the transmission. In fact, anything older than 99, I would REALLY look hard at the transmission.

I stand by that you have the wrong people looking at it and I could build a full racing transmission that could handle 1000HP for less than $5k....

wanted to know when it came and yes Driveshaft do get worse with speed when are out of line

sounds if one shift accumulator is leaking in transmission will cause a shudder every time it shifts

yes time to find another shop that knows how fix vehicle's not their bank account

BrainEater

Yea , the transmission rebuild was estimated at 3500$.
There's a bunch of unrelated stuff that needs fixing , for about 2 grand.
------
Not too worried about it.
I'm driving a shiny new 2016 f150 xlt......company vehicle,insurance and gas paid.
:thumb:

BrainEater

Roger that !
They offered , I said Yes, Please !
:clap:
-----

I've got some time now. Trucky is registered and insured till next summer, and it has a place to stay.
Mebbie it's not quite dead !!
I think I'm going to learn some auto mechanics over the next 6 months.

hehe

:ph34r:

Latest posts

Twitter