What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

*sniff* - a sad day.

BrainEater

A few of you here have seen my white truck....the f250 with the welder on the back.

My heart is broken , but I need to take it behind the woodshed and shoot it.
:sad:
-----
I bought Trucky for 1 dollar , spent 10,000$ on an engine rebuild and some stuff.
I've had 7 good years with it , certainly doesn't owe me anything.

It developed a harsh shudder when accelerating in a couple gears. Everyone (including my mechanic) said transmission.....After 1000$ and 6 weeks at my mechanics and the transmission place , we still don't know what's wrong.

I'm now faced with 5000$ *might* fix it.
-----------

*BANG!*

----------

On a more positive note , I have a Ford 460cu,EFI engine for sale,can be bored out to 500+ cu....Runs like a kitten.
I guess my computer parts just got closer.

:blarg:

Cptn Vortex

Shitty :( . My guesses would be Driveshaft U-joints/Support Bearings, or even crappy old shocks.

supaflyx3

What transmission? Whats your scrap yard situation? Might be better to spend $250 on a "new" tranny and a 24 rack for a weekend project. I've done that a couple times with motors instead of replacing the head gaskets.. lol

BrainEater

Nah , we've checked all the easy stuff...
It's *more than likely* transmission, but I can't blow 5k$ on *maybe*.
Time to stop the bleeding.

KaptCrunch

time to replace motor mounts and tranny rear mount

like up above bent shaft, bad U-joints

or drive line changed from weak springs or lowering kit will make that vibration & noise, get an angle finder and check yoke and pinion angles

question when you hear noise most off the throttle or heavy acceleration

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

is it a deatrh shudder I know that some of the Dodges where pretty bad for that hit a tiny bump at the right speed then the whole truck would shudder the fix ix replacing all of the rubber mounts on the front end( forget what they are called ) there is a bare that has rubber mounts that also mount it to the body those wear out on Dodges and maybe other trucks I think it was the 94 rams that had this issue took many years to figure it out.
any other driveline stuff you would know like drive shaft problems things like that are fairly easy to figure out
sorry if this doesn't make sense I just pulled a 18 hr day and a m a little groggy lol
1994-08 Dodge Front End Issues and the Dreaded Death Wobble |

Latest posts