What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

So tis the Season for Scammers Should we Screw with this one?

Soullessone21

So selling my wife's truck online and here's another scammer, should we mess with him and what should we do?

You have received an inquiry about your ad

Email: jerrybetts@rediffmail.com
Comments: Good day, I want to purchase your 2000 Grand Vitara for SALE what is the last price ?I will like to pay using PayPal,After payments has been made,I will arrange for the pick-up and will you let my pick-up agent to come to you house for the pick up? Because i don't want you to worry yourself about the shipment.You can send me some pic to my email address jerrybetts@rediffmail.com Regards Jerry Betts

So what should we do what should we do? since its the season should we leave this scam be or should we royally fudge with this one???

Reply with what you think and any ideas haha:bleh:

sswilson

Staff member
Too much like work when it's email based. With phone based scams (or any telemarketing since I'm on the do-not-call list) I've started selecting the option to speak to a rep and then leaving the phone off the hook. :)

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I'd say fudge with this one. Do you actually have the car for sale?

If so, check out some tips on 419eater and 419hell.

BlueByte

sneaky way to post your car ad here :thumb:

Not worth it honestly, best thing you could do is maybe report him to rediffmail.com. But they are out of India and probably wont care.

TedShackley

I got scammers trying to phish my name, address, etc when I sold my 6950s, they would say they would send the money and have their shipping company or own courier pick it up, etc, all they needed was my info, they never asked for bank info or anything, I think they said they would email me the $$$

But they sent 2 carbon copy emails for each 6950, just from different hotmail accounts, they spoke bad english too. I found one hit of 1 email address from someone in the US talking about the same scam email

I "flipped" them off

chrisk

Folding Captain
Here is one. Tell him your computer keyboard is broken and that you cannot emt/paypal the money to him until he gets an email/paypal addy that does not have any of the characters that are broken on your keyboard (ie. e, r, t, 3, $). Waste hi time in getting a new email addy to scam you. After he gets a new email addy, tell him you forgot about some of the other characters.

I dunno...like SSwilson said, more phun on the phone.