What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

so what Ryzen 5000 do you want to get?

Mr. Friendly

Looks like ASUS dropped their X470 boards... so I'm doubtful on B450.
indeed. I hope there is enough push back to make them back track on that decision. of course, they did release updated mobo's with larger BIOS chips for the very purpose of supporting Ryzen 5000, so only time will tell.

sswilson

Staff member
Looks like ASUS dropped their X470 boards... so I'm doubtful on B450.
indeed. I hope there is enough push back to make them back track on that decision. of course, they did release updated mobo's with larger BIOS chips for the very purpose of supporting Ryzen 5000, so only time will tell.

Looks like they've clarified and will indeed offer bios updates for the X470 boards.

Mr. Friendly

Asus has confirmed starting January 2021, they will roll out BIOS updates that make their 400 series boards Zen 3 compatible.

draemn

Anyone have thoughts on how much it might be worth waiting on the 5600X vs buying something already on the market? I'm a bit annoyed at the price, wanted to stay under $350 CAD, but I'd consider stretching my budget for a significant IPC performance gain. Planning to do a bit of over-clocking on air for information.

Anything over the $300USD is a waste of money for my needs, so the 5600X is the only one I have my eyes on and I am expecting it to be out of stock once I have time to read reviews and make a decision. Felt a little burned after the 3300X stocking issues and scalping prices.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Anyone have thoughts on how much it might be worth waiting on the 5600X vs buying something already on the market? I'm a bit annoyed at the price, wanted to stay under $350 CAD, but I'd consider stretching my budget for a significant IPC performance gain. Planning to do a bit of over-clocking on air for information.

Anything over the $300USD is a waste of money for my needs, so the 5600X is the only one I have my eyes on and I am expecting it to be out of stock once I have time to read reviews and make a decision. Felt a little burned after the 3300X stocking issues and scalping prices.
Welcome to 2020, where the rules are made up and no one knows whats going on.

Mr. Friendly

if you're note in a hurry...see what news comes out about the 5600 non-X or how the market responds to the higher pricing when product comes to market or, score a deal on a 3600X or XT when someone sells with intent to buy Ryzen 5000. :)

Ryzen 5000 is expected to have 15 - 20% IPC increase over Ryzen 3000 but the real performance details won't come out until reviews reveal the true story. so I'd advise exercise patience and sit on it... ;)

djbrad

I am waiting for the 6 or 8 cores apu to replace my 6700k system as light gaming / work machine. Then the 6700k will go to htpc duties, to replace the venerable Q9500 one. I am in that cycle right now, retiring the 10 years+ systems.